Ceramic Dental Implants / Zirconia Dental Implants
Ceramic Dental Implants, also known as Zirconia Dental Implants are the latest addition to dental implant therapy.
Zirconia _(ceramic) is a very hard material that has great strength. Because of its high bio-compatibility, it has been used in medical (auditory, finger and hip prostheses) as well as dentistry (posts, crown and bridge restorations, implants, implant abutments) over 20 years with good success. Zirconia has similar colour to teeth and is biocompatible, making it an alternative material in dentistry. With the search for alternative implant materials, it was discovered that zirconia can also fuse to bone (osseointegrate), much like titanium. It was first approved for use in Europe in 2008 and in Canada in 2013.
Both materials can integrate with bone with equal success provided certain protocols are followed.
All-ceramic implants are shaped and colored like a tooth root to simulate a natural look. It is a good option for patients who express their explicit wish for a metal-free alternative.
Advantages of Ceramic Implants
- Ceramic due to its aesthetic, inert, non-corrosive and non-allergic properties, is actually many times more beneficial to the patient than any other dental material ever made. Zirconia is biocompatible (completely tissue-friendly); not sensitive to temperature, and has no taste. It is also gum-tissue-friendly material, with low plaque retention and inflammation.
- Ceramic implants do not interfere with the movement of energy through the body’s meridians. And since zirconia implants are bioinert; they’re a perfect tooth replacement solution for patients who adhere to holistic health principles.
- No dark colour of the metal shows through the gums as they are metal free.( With metal containing crowns, soft tissue around the tooth can recede, revealing the metal underneath)
- No piezo-electric currents between dissimilar metal in the mouth.
- They are thermally non-conductive.
- They are made as a solid piece, there is no connection with the abutment, which prevents bacteria growth.
Should you go for a Dental Implant Treatment?
- The main criteria for selecting a patient for dental implant treatment is good oral and general health. Compromised bone and gum conditions can be treated before getting an implant. Age is not a factor if you wish to decide on a dental implant.
- Candidates who do not smoke, have diabetes or have a weak immune system can ask for dental implants.
- Some surgeons prefer not to use dental implants on children because their jawbones are not fully developed. Also, if you suffer from teeth grinding it is preferable not to have dental implants. Dentists also recommend using dental implants for deeply infected or broken teeth, instead of a bridge where two healthy teeth are sacrificed for a bad one.
- Are you looking for Dental Implants In India?
- Smile Delhi – The Dental Clinic has the best dental implant specialist in India. We provide the best quality, as well as affordable dental implants in India. Contact us for your dental implants in Delhi, India.