Invisalign is an orthodontic product to effectively help correct a number of different orthodontic issues and helps you achieve a great balanced and even smile with no interference to your daily life.
Invisalign aligners or invisalign treatment are custom-made aligners designed to straighten your teeth while improving your smile and oral health. These are also known as clear aligners or clear aligner treatment.
The use of Invisalign is an efficient method for tooth movements that are not too complicated.
This method of straightening teeth is more comfortable, pain-free and virtually invisible compared to traditional braces. There are no metal brackets to attach and no wires to tighten.
Invisalign utilizes a set of smooth, comfortable and virtually invisible thin, lightweight plastic trays that you wear over your teeth to subtly and gently move or shift your teeth as a means of achieving the position. They apply a constant force or pressure to teeth to affect their movement.
These are computer-generated trays and are ideally worn 24 hours a day with change-outs approximately every two week in a new set of aligners.
There are certain trays that can last for six months to one year. At every stage, you will be able to see how much closer you are to having the smile that reflects the real you.
These aligners are worn day and night but can be removed for brushing, flossing and eating. Remember you should brush after each meal before putting your trays back in, to avoid staining.
On average the treatment process takes 9-18 months. And a visit to the dentist or orthodontist is required every 4-6 weeks. Treatment time varies based on the complexity of the planned teeth movements and so is the number of aligners needed for each patient. It usually requires 18 to 36 aligners to achieve the final result.
Once the treatment period has concluded, the patient is advised to continue wearing a retainer at night for the foreseeable future.
They gradually and gently shift your teeth into place to give them an ideal position, improve their look, and promote proper function.
However, these require some form of retention to prevent the teeth from shifting back.
Patients that need a tooth rotated or pulled down may have a small, tooth-colored composite attachment bonded onto certain teeth. More attachments can make the aligners less aesthetically pleasing. Reproximation, (also called interproximal reduction or IPR and filing or drilling), is sometimes used at the contacts between teeth to allow for a better fit.
Both the dental clinics in India and dental clinics in Delhi, are doing the invisalign treatment routinely.
- Helps corrects a number of orthodontic issues including overcrowded teeth, widely spaced teeth, in correcting bite issues like cross-bites, overbites and underbites that often require special diagnosis and treatment.
- Effective for mild to moderate crowding (1-6 mm) and in to moderate spacing (1-6 mm) of the front teeth.
- In cases where there are no discrepancies of the jawbone.
- In teenagers who are often more self-conscious about their smile than adults as they appreciate the invisible quality of the aligners.
- Also indicated for patients who have experienced a relapse after fixed orthodontic treatment.
Dentists in dental clinics in Delhi like,’Smile Delhi –The Dental Clinic’ make sure the case selection for Invisalign treatment is correct. Once that is taken care of success with Invisalign treatment is guaranteed.
- One of its best advantages is that the trays are relatively invisible and are virtually undetectable. Hence the name Invisalign.
- Provide help for people who wish to obtain straight teeth while feeling comfortable and confident of a great smile in social situations as majority of the people don’t want anyone to know they are wearing braces.
- Invisalign improves your lifestyle as it elegantly solves the problem of many adults who have bite problems or crooked teeth who abstain from having their teeth straightened because they don’t want to be seen in the workplace wearing ‘railroad track’ braces.
- They are flexible enough to let you live your life you want to and are more comfortable that many people soon forget they are wearing them and so cause low impact on day to day activities.
- Because of the above factors, the invisalign treatment in Delhi is popular .In fact patients from overseas are visiting , dental clinics in india, especially the reputed dental clinics in Delhi for Invisalign treatment.
- Completely removable, allowing you to eat all of your favorite foods whenever you want without any restrictions or worrying about food getting stuck in your wires and brackets.
- Increase the likelihood of improved oral health as effective oral hygiene can be maintained throughout the teeth straightening process as they can be removed, which makes cleaning of the teeth easier.
- Even cleaning your aligners is just as easy with the Invisalign cleaning kit. Or you can simply brush and rinse your aligners in lukewarm water.
- It does not affect your speech and cause less irritation to gums, teeth or cheeks.
- They can also be removed for brief periods like for special occasions or big presentations. While they should be worn constantly, it is acceptable to remove them for a maximum of two hours a day.
- Also ideal for your busy schedule, with fewer doctor visits required (approximately every six weeks).
- More noticeable than lingual braces.
- Not recommended for children.
- In those with teeth that are too far forward or backward, or rotated in the socket, or to move teeth vertically the aligners are likely not as effective as conventional braces.
- Invisalign treatment can be expected to work more efficiently for esthetic purposes rather than for the purpose of improving the functionality of the teeth. This is why many people, especially those who have complex dental problems, still prefer dental braces.
Success of Invisalign Treatment
- Invisalign’s success depends almost entirely on the beholder. If you don’t wear them, they won’t work.
- Proper consultation with your dentist also contributes to its success. You and your doctor will discuss your case in detail to determine if you’re a good candidate for Invisalign. Invisalign now addresses many cases, from simple to more complex. Your doctor will determine if Invisalign is right for you.
Dentist in delhi, especially in reputed dental clinics in Delhi, like ‘Smile Delhi- The Dental Clinic’, are doing high end dental treatments like, Invisalign, dental implants, smile makeovers etc with great proficiency. Invisalign treatment in Delhi, is common with a huge success rate and has been adding great value to the patients’ lives.
Posted By – Dr. Suprriya B. Bhatia