From No Teeth to Fixed Teeth in just 1 week by Intra-Oral Welding Method
We have also been doing implant cases by the ‘Intra-oral welding technique (The Weld One Concept)’. This makes it a one phase procedure and patients get immediate teeth within a few days.
Implants may occasionally fail because there may be micromotion during the phase of bone healing. This is especially true in cases where the bone is deficient ie; atrophic ridges. So the primary stabilization of implants in the bone is most important.
When proper fixation and stabilization of implants can be achieved, we go ahead with the immediate loading and oral rehabilitation with an implant supported overdenture, within 3 days after surgery. Thanks to the technique of welding, the implant abutments with titanium bars is now possible.
- The procedure can be performed directly in the mouth.
- It eliminates the possibility of errors or distortions due to the impression.
- The rigid splinting of the implant abutments, reduces the stress exerted on the implants.
- The splinting of the abutments, which is done before the immediate loading, helps retain the implants.
- The method consists of either welding a titanium bar or a wire to the abutments of these implants.
- There are lesser implant fractures and increased success of the implants.
Once the implants have achieved the stability and retention, we can load them with crowns/ bridges or overdentures.
There are very few dental clinics in Delhi that are doing the intra oral welding of the implants.
Here is what some of our patients had to say, about their experience, when they got their smile makeovers at Smile Delhi.