Cosmetic dentistry is a combination of science and art, which can transform a person’s life by improving the appearance of their teeth and smile.It boosts one’s self-confidence immensely.
With the advances in technology, cosmetic dentistry has rapidly progressed in the recent years. Now there are state-of-the-art procedures that are appealing to a large number of people who want to feel better about how they look.
Many people suffer from stained, crooked, chipped, or missing teeth. Among the most popular cosmetic dentistry treatments today for those who want to look and feel their best are teeth whitening treatments, dental veneers, tooth bonding, dental implants, and bridges.
In this blog, we shall discuss the most common Cosmetic dental treatments which are routinely done.
1) Dental Veneers
Porcelain veneer is the most popular choice of cosmetic dentistry treatment for celebrities. These are tooth-colored shells that are cemented onto the front side of teeth to hide cracks, stains, or close gaps between the teeth.
Veneers are customized for every individual, and, with proper care, can last many years.
Veneers are routinely used to fix:
- Teeth that are worn down
- Teeth that are chipped or broken
- Teeth that are misaligned, uneven, or irregularly shaped.
- Teeth with gaps between them (to close the space between them)
- Patients with an uneven gum line/ gummy smile.
Stains from fluoride, tetracycline or other drugs.
Veneers make chipped, discolored teeth look natural, proportionate and healthy. Veneers are also used to correct teeth overcrowding, increase the dimension of teeth, and make them longer and give natural shape. Ceramic veneer treatment is being done routinely in the best dental clinics in Delhi.
2) Teeth Whitening
Teeth whitening is one of the most basic and common cosmetic dentistry procedures. Over the years, teeth become stained and dull from food, drinks, medication and personal habits such as smoking, tea, coffee etc. and so teeth can be bleached to achieve a whiter and brighter smile.
Whitening procedure at dental clinic is the best way to get your teeth sparkling and white. The products used by dentists contain more effective bleaching agents than over-the-counter whitening toothpastes and so they are more promising with better results. Also in the in-office teeth whitening technique, there is proper supervision by the cosmetic dentist who is conducting the procedure.
Teeth whitening generally takes around an hour. Experienced cosmetic dentists can lighten discoloration of the teeth layers. They will also take measures to protect your gums from irritation during treatment and monitor every stage of the process to allow for adjustments to the levels of the whitening agent. In-office teeth whitening cost in Delhi is quite reasonable and affordable.
There are many products available over the counter to whiten the teeth but best results are achieved with the professional teeth whitening procedure. There can be a shade difference of 6-8 shades instantly in just one hour. Also the professional teeth whitening brings oral health benefits like with the removal of stains, your teeth become healthier and cleaner.
At home customized whitening trays from a dentist also can provide a highly-effective alternative to over-the-counter trays, which can be uncomfortable because of a poor fit, causing the whitening gel to leak and irritate the gums. But when you receive the customized whitening trays and use a gel with a lower concentration of peroxide than in-office treatment, there is little risk of gum sensitivity and is comfortable to use.
3) Invisalign Aligners
Most people think braces are for kids, but with advanced dentistry procedures, adult braces treatment is getting popular, for the smile they have always wanted. For braces treatment, age is not the criteria, it is the bone support of the teeth.Invisalign aligners are a great option for adults because no one can tell you are actually wearing them.
Unlike traditional braces which are not very aesthetic, Invisalign is a form of braces that use clear tray aligners. The aligners are a solid piece of biocompatible plastic that is strong enough to put pressure on specific parts of your teeth to slowly move them into a better position. Invisible braces cost could be similar to the cost of braces but it depends on the complexity of the treatment. Most dentists offer flexible and affordable payment plans, which allow you to make small payments through the course of your orthodontic treatment rather than all at once.
Benefits of Invisalign are:
- You need to wear Invisalign trays for most of your day (20–22 hours/day) in order to see results. However, they can be easily removed for eating, brushing, flossing, or for special occasions.
- It allows patients to get a brand-new smile without having to hide behind metal appliances to do so.
- Invisalign trays are removable, so you can maintain your oral health and wellness with brushing and flossing.
- Invisalign can be used for teenagers or adults who are socially active and have a hitch of wearing braces but do demand for straighter teeth.
4) Dental Implants
Dental implants are the best replacement for the missing tooth. Implants provide a strong foundation for fixed /permanent teeth. It is the most advanced method of teeth replacement. Dental implants act as the roots of the teeth on which permanent crowns are placed. Most of the best dental clinics in Delhi use standardized implant systems assuring a success of treatment, as with the use of cheap implants the quality and longevity of the treatment is suspect.
Benefits of implants are:
- Improved speech: With poor-fitting dentures, the teeth slip within the mouth leading you to mumble or slur your words. Dental implants allow you to speak without the worry that teeth might slip.
- Improved comfort:Because they become part of you, implants eliminate the discomfort of removable dentures.
- Easier eating: Implants function like your own teeth, allowing you to eat your favorite foods with confidence and without pain.
- Improved self-esteem: Dental implants can give you back your smile, confidence and help you feel better about yourself.
- Durability: Implants are very durable and will last many years. With good care, many implants last a lifetime.
- Convenience: Dental implants eliminate the embarrassing inconvenience of removing dentures, as well as the need for messy adhesives to keep them in place.
5) Dental Bridges
When you have missing teeth, it can affect you in a number of ways. Dental bridges not only restore your smile but enable proper speaking and chewing. Dental bridges consist of artificial teeth fused to a frame, and they are used to replace several missing teeth while helping to retain the shape of the face and ease the stress on the bite function. It is basically a two visit procedure. Day 1 the impressions for the bridge are done and on day 4 the bridge is fixed. These days all ceramic crowns are the common choice for dental bridges, as they most closely resemble the natural teeth, especially when used for front teeth. Since they are metal free they are very lifelike.
Benefits of Dental Bridges:
- restore your smile
- restore the ability to properly chew
- restore your speech and pronunciation
- maintain the shape of your face
- prevent your remaining teeth from getting displaced
So what does it take to get the smile of your dreams? For those who want a beautiful, sparkling smile the best is to consult cosmetic dentists. These cosmetic dentists will not only guide you the procedures needed to give you, your best smile ever, but will also explain why these procedures are needed and how much time will be needed. The smile designing cost depends on the condition of your tooth and the gums. The above mentioned procedures are the ones commonly used to design your smile. You may need some or all of the treatments to achieve the desired results.
We Care To Make You Smile.
Posted by: Dr Sonam