In dental implant treatment, 2 factors are very important- The expertise and the implants being used.
All-ceramic or all-porcelain crowns provide the best natural color and they are the top quality crowns worldwide. Purely made of ceramic, which is translucent, these crowns are very life-like look and blend well with the rest of your natural teeth. They have the ability to replicate both, the form and function of natural teeth.
- All ceramic crowns are constructed using computer technology, e.g. CAD/CAM technology which is based upon 3D design.
- Apart from super aesthetics, these crowns are valued for its metal-friendly characteristic. Patients who have metal-compatibility issues, will face no risk of an allergic reaction or sensitivity to hot or cold foods.
- The average life of a crown is around 10 years. The most important factor affecting the lifespan of any restorative treatment is oral hygiene of the patient.
In our clinic, ‘Smile Delhi-The Dental Clinic’, the all-ceramic crowns which were done in year 1, are lasting well till the current year, i.e. year 2017.
There are two types of ceramic crown:
- Zirconia- These crowns are high on strength and are ideally used for back teeth.
- E-Max- These crowns are high on esthetics and are ideally used for front teeth.