Teeth In An Hour By Nobel Guide
‘Teeth in an hour’ is a revolutionary concept for providing teeth to completely toothless patients. In one appointment, these patients go from having no teeth, to a full set of functional teeth on dental implants. We all know, the biting capacity, look and feel of fixed teeth are far better than removable dentures.
The ‘Nobel Biocare’ company created this technology. With this technology, most of the work is done in the planning stage, which is computer enabled, hence the surgery takes only an hour.
1) CT Scan of Jaws: With the progress in 3D Imaging Science, we now have CBCT, (Cone beam computed tomography) which has amazing accuracy, far above the traditional Cat Scan_(CT) standards.
- With CBCT, we can precisely locate and assess the areas of the healthiest jaw bones.
- A quantitative and qualitative assessment of the bone is done.
- Evaluation of the other anatomical landmarks like the maxillary sinus, inferior alveolar nerve etc. can be done accurately. This is very important for assuring the long term health of the implant. Any kind of guesswork is therefore eliminated by this method.
2) After the scan we can start preparing a customized surgical guide/stent which takes 2 weeks to fabricateThe best possible sites for implant placement are located, and the stent provides guidance of the implant position, depth and angulation during the surgical procedure.