Teeth In An Hour By Nobel Guide
‘Teeth in an hour’, is a revolutionary concept for providing teeth to completely toothless patients. In one appointment these patients go from having no teeth to a full set of functional teeth on dental implants. These are fixed teeth that propose avoidance of dentures which makes it a popular treatment. We all know, the biting capacity, look and feel of fixed teeth are any day better than removable dentures.
The ‘Nobel Biocare’ company has created this technology. In this technique, most of the work is done in the planning stage, which is computer enabled, hence the surgery takes only an hour.
1) CT Scan of Jaws: With the progress in 3D Imaging Science, we now have CBCT, (Cone beam computed tomography) which has amazing accuracy, way above the traditional Cat Scan(CT) standards.
- With CBCT, one can precisely locate and assess the areas of the healthiest jaw bones.
- A quantitative and qualitative assessment of the bone is done.
- Evaluation of the other anatomical landmarks like the maxillary sinus, inferior alveolar nerve etc. can be done accurately. This is very important for assuring the long term implant health. Any kind of guessing is eliminated by this method.
2) After the scan we can start preparing a customized surgical guide/stent which takes 2 weeks to make. The best possible sites for implant placement are located and the stent provides guidance of the implant position, depth and angulation during the surgical procedure.